What is the online repair form and how do I use it?
- If you don't have an account with us, click on Create Account and fill out that form.
- Register your product that you want to repair or choose from your currently registered products.
- Next, you'll tell us what is wrong with the product. Select a section(s) and the reason from the dropdown. Add an explanation if you want to send us more info. Click the Create Repair Claim.
- At this point, you'll see the repair fee. Add this repair to your cart or contact us if you have questions.
- After adding the repair to your cart, you can go to our checkout form, add another repair, or continue shopping.
- After checkout, you will receive an order confirmation and another email with the FedEx® shipping label and instructions to send in your repair. The FedEx® label is also available from My Account.
- Package your product according the instructions that we emailed and drop it off at an authorized FedEx® location.
- After we have received your product for repair, it will start the repair process. Upon completion we will ship it back and email you a shipment confirmation with a FedEx® tracking number.
Is the repair fee different for missing rod parts?
Why do I need to give you my credit card if it is a defect?
All repairs are subject to the appropriate repair fee. However, Sage may waive that fee if the issue appears to be caused by a defect in materials or workmanship. We cannot make that determination until we've seen and assessed the rod.
How do I package my repair to send it in?
- If you are returning a rod, please return the entire rod, including the broken part(s), in a cardboard box, or use packaging affording an equal degree of protection. We suggest bubble-wrap or packaging paper. Please do not send in your original Sage rod tube.
- If you are sending a reel, please package both the reel and spool in a box. If you have additional spools, please include those wrapped in the shipping box as well.
- Include with these items a printed version of the repair confirmation which was emailed to you.
- Please ensure the box is securely sealed with shipping tape.
- When printing the label, make sure the whole label is printed. Please apply so that FedEx™ can scan the entire barcode.
- Cut out the label and place on the shipping box. Please place the label on the box so the barcodes are parallel to the length of the box, as in the image below:
- Drop off at an Authorized FedEx™ drop off location. You can find a location here.
How long will it take for my repair process to be completed?
4-6 weeks based on type of repair and or season.
How do I find my serial number?
The serial number is located on the butt section opposite the Sage logo. Serial numbers can be especially difficult to find on black rods. If you are having difficulty finding the serial, please type N/A in the serial number field and our team will find and enter it for you when we receive the repair. (Please note that Sage blanks do not have serial numbers. An example of the blank section will have the Sage logo and the model with size followed with a “B” for blank)
Why do I have to send my entire rod in for repair, it’s just the tip that is broken?
Each Sage rod is hand built and fit for maximum performance. Our team hand fit replacement tips to exacting standards and cannot guarantee a proper fit without having the rod delivered to our factory. Our commitment is to have your newly built section fit and perform to its original design.
IF MY OLD ROD OR BLANK IS NOT REPAIRABLE AND IS REPLACED WITH ANOTHER ONE, CAN I STILL GET MY OLD ONE BACK?
You may request to receive your old rod or blank back; however, if we have replaced it with another one we will modify the old one in such a way as to render it unusable. You must specifically request to receive your old rod back at the time of service, as it will not automatically be returned unless it is requested.
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR AN UPGRADE IF MY ROD CAN NO LONGER BE REPAIRED?
In some cases where breakage does not fall under our warranty (when it’s not the result of defects in materials or workmanship) and the specific rod model can no longer be repaired we provide the option to upgrade to a similar model for a fee.
CAN I SEND MY ROD IN FOR REPAIR WITHOUT PAYMENT INFORMATION AND HAVE YOU BILL ME LATER?
Please include payment with your rod. Repair work will not begin until payment is received. Currently, we accept all major credit cards as well as personal checks and Money Orders. Please note that charges will not be applied until the repair is complete.